Monday, January 25, 2010







A Jack Kerouac Poem, this was from my Thematic Drawing class...we had to create a piece that was based on a piece of text. I chose a Jack Kerouac Poem:

And when a dog barked, I took it for soundwaves and cars passing too
And once I heard a jet-plane which I thought was a mosquito in my heart
And once I saw salmon walls of pine and roses, moving and undulating with the drapish

Once I forgave dogs and pitied men, sat in the rain countin juju beads, raindrops are ecstasy, ecstasy are raindrops-birds
sleep when the trees are giving out light in the night, rabbits sleep too, and dogs

I had a path that I followed thru piney woods and a phosphorescent white-hound dog named Bob
who led me the way when the clouds covered the stars, and then communicated to me
the sleepings of a loving dog enamoured of God.

On Saturday mornings I was there, in the sun,
contemplating the blue-bright air, as eyes of lone rangers penetrated the dust
of my canyon thoughts, and Indians
and children, and movie shows.
Jack Kerouac (from Buddha)

No comments:

Post a Comment